Reserving A / V Equipment
There are a number of audio/visual devices available for use in the courthouses of the Eighth Judicial Circuit. This equipment is provided at no cost to attorneys and pro se parties - but with some obligations. Please see below.
- TV VCR/DVD Carts: These are carts with a TV and VCR/DVD player on them.
- NOMAD Evidence Presentation Carts:
The NOMADs are available for use in Alachua, Baker, Gilchrist and Levy Counties. Bradford County has built-in evidence presentation inside of a courtroom.
- We ask that you reserve the equipment well in advance. We have a limited number of devices availabile - if you do not reserve one in advance, one might not be available for you.
- Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the equipment, especially the NOMADs. Arrange for a training prior to the court event if you have not used one before.
- Do not expect help from Court Technology staff during the trial or court event. We do not have the staff available to operate the equipment for you.
- Please try out your presentation beforehand to ensure compatability. If you are bringing in evidence on a CD, DVD, or laptop, please arrange to come by and try to make sure it works on our equipment. Technical support issues are not pleasantly resolved in open court.
- Any proprietary media format (i.e. some law enforcement in-car camera footage or medical imaging files) will need to be tested beforehand as they have not proven to always play reliably on our equipment.
How to Reserve Equipment
- Please contact the Court Technology Help Desk at (352) 374-3655 or firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a NOMAD or TV VCR/DVD Cart.